The Color Management Professional (CMP) certification program is comprised of a series of online video instructional color management courses and exams.
The Idealliance series of online Color Management Professional® (CMP) Certification Programs are comprised of video instruction and exams on the latest best practices and standards in color management. The CMP certification program begins with an extensive course on the fundamentals of color management where you can achieve certification as a “Color Management Professional,” followed by additional instructional courses in many specialty areas within a graphic communications production environment.
Each course contains both education and testing. The educational courses are available for color management practitioners to expand their color management skills and knowledge. Upon completion of the educational courses, students and practitioners may proceed to pass the certification exams to qualify for their CMP Professional and Expert certification.
(You may register for the following four courses individually or bundled in the CMP Master Program.)
Registering to become a CMP Master affords access to four courses; CMP Fundamentals, CMP Premedia, CMP Digital Print, and CMP Offset Print. To be recognized as a CMP Master requires the passing of CMP Fundamentals, CMP Premedia, and ONE of the following courses: CMP Digital Print or CMP Offset Print.
ADDITIONAL SPECIALTY COURSES
NOTE: To maintain certification you must successfully complete the recertification training every two (2) years.
Color Management Professional Recertification (for any/all certification levels)
The CMP content has been developed by industry-leading color management experts. The latest CMP programs are equipped with state-of-the-art eLearning capabilities:
- Supporting Materials: Videos, device guides, educational posters, and glossary of terms.
- Tablet Support: Provides for mobile learning so you can take your learning on the go!
- Lesson Bookmarks: Automatically remembers where you left off, even if you switch between desktop, iPad, or mobile phone.
- Easy Navigation: Back, forward, and fast forward.
- Table of Contents: Easy search and review of topics inside a lesson. Great for post training reference when you need it!
- Non-Scored Quiz Questions: To test comprehension and help to make sure the learner is ready for the final certification exam.
BENEFITS OF BEING A CMP
- Improve Color Accuracy
- Assure Clients of Brand Color Integrity
- Build Color Managed Workflows
- Control Image & Application Color
- Maximize the value of your color quality