42 years of experience in the Graphic Arts Industry and is now the owner of Mike Ruff Consulting. Prior to this Mike was the Chief Technology Officer of Nazdar Consulting Services for 11 years in Kansas City. Former owner of a grand format screen print company and a grand format prepress service bureau serving screen and digital printers domestically and internationally. Mike is a Certified G7 Expert International Trainer and a Certified G7 Process Control and Conformance Expert. He was trained in color control theory through GretagMacBeth, X-Rite and RIT Color Management Flexographic Training. Mike Ruff is a regular speaker and presenter for many graphic arts trade association in North America and has conducted training classes and webinars for prepress, production personnel, management and sales staffs. Mike is a technical writer with numerous articles in trade publications, including the SGIA Journal, Screen & Display Graphics, Specialty Printing Magazine, Flexo Magazine, Grafica (India) and Screen Printing magazine. Many articles have been translated to multiple foreign languages. Training experience includes teaching process color printing at the Screen Print Technical Foundation Four-Color Workshop in Fairfax, Virginia for over 15 years.
Member of the Academy of Screen Print Technology.
• Member of the IDEAlliance Print Properties Committee
• Member of the USTAG TC130 delegation to ISO technical work groups 3 and 4 concerning creation of standards for graphic arts proofing and printing.
• Technical editor of the International Screen Print Standard ISO 12647-5 (2011)
• Developer of the Chromatix Process Control certification system for grand format screen and digital printers.
• Winner of the 2010 IDEAlliance Leadership Circle Award
• Two-time “Swormstedt Award Winner” for the best technical article in the specialty imaging industry.