As mentioned in the MTAC Summary – the USPS has been releasing information and providing a forum to the mailing industry leaders 3 times a week concerning the impact of COVID.
The following is a summary of last weeks calls.
- The USPS has established the following cadence for International Temporary Service Suspensions updates. Alerts will be released on Wednesdays and the implementations will happen on Fridays.
- Thursday April 16 – the USPS released an Alert clarifying the steps for International postage refunds.
- There was also an Alert updating us on the Priority Mail Packages and First-Class Package service levels. Similar to the Holiday season the USPS will be adding a "Plus 1" due to limited transportation options. Both PM and FCP will extend from 2 to 3 days to 3 to 4 days
- There was an announcement concerning the CAPS to EPS Migration. Fortunately, most have already migrated but the few still in transition may see an extension from May to August. NOTE this extension will not affect the sunsetting of inactive CAPS accounts. These accounts were closed last weekend as scheduled.
- The operations team did inform the group that due to the limited commercial flights available international products have been migrated to charter flights whenever possible. They also wanted us to know that due to the uncertainty in the charter flights some international product are being moved to Sea Lanes.
For a complete list of Alerts go to https://postalpro.usps.com/industryoutreach/alert_and_notices
You can also sign up for USPS Alerts to be delivered direct to your email box by sending a message to IndustryAlerts@....
Director, Marketing Integration and Analytics
Classic - Imagine! Print Solutions