Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  EFI Command Workstation Profile Optimization

Posted 07-25-2023 10:20 AM

This is my first time using EFI software, but I've been doing color management for close to 10 years. I'm using the Color Tools in Command Workstation to optimize a profile I made with an Epson Stylus Pro 9900.

The paper is Epson Proofing Paper Semimatte. I am targeting GRACoL 2006 with Absolute rendering intent. Using a brand new EFI-6000 scanner.

I originally tried using the IT8.7-4 then switched to the IT8.7-4 Random. On my first read of the chart the paper white is reading great. As I do more iterations the average and max delta's look great, but the paper white starts to increase and and can't seem to figure out why. The Epson seems printing fine. Anyone ever experienced something like this? Screenshot for reference.

------------------------------
    Jesse Pena G7 Professional
    Pre-Press
    M.A.S Industries, Inc.
    Plymouth WI
    (920) 892-7100

• 2.  RE: EFI Command Workstation Profile Optimization

Posted 07-26-2023 06:58 AM

That looks normal to me. The difference between the first paper white and your last iteration of paper white is only .38 deltaE. It just could be that it is not possible to get any closer. The paper white of the Epson Proofing Paper is very close to the paper white of GRACoL2006 anyway. I would not use the Absolute rendering intent in this case. I would switch to Relative colorimetric (no paper white).

Steve Coy G7 Expert
    Pre-press Systems Manager
    Wynalda Packaging
    Belmont MI
    (616) 866-1561